Monday, May 23, 2011

Say it isn’t so Ray!

Ego maniac, prophet, or crazier than we all thought? Perhaps a little bit of everything. All thoughts came to my head as I read Ray Lewis’ comments regarding the NFL lockout. The Baltimore Ravens linebacker said not only does he anticipate crime increasing for NFL players if there is no NFL season but also crime increasing for the general public in the U.S. He went on to say, "Millions of people live their lives through NFL players. If they don’t have football to watch on Sunday they will start to commit more crimes."

Really Ray? I’m a sucker for football on Sunday and I check my fantasy football stats 10 times too many throughout those days but I don’t live my life through any NFL players nor does anyone else I know. I don’t ever remember a coworker missing work on Monday because he and Brian Urlacher blew out their ACL on Sunday playing the Packers???

As for the increased crime rates, how has the NFL helped fight crime all these years without me knowing? Does the NFL logo strike fear into the hearts of criminals the same as the "S" on Superman’s chest? Has the NFL saved an old lady from getting mugged in Gotham City? Why have I not heard about this?!?! 

Is this how criminals decide how their days go? “Hey Bob, you want to rob a gas station?” “I can’t go Steve, the Bills are on at 1:00.” Have criminals made the fall and winter their off-seasons because of the NFL? I’m confused?

What will Ray do if the lockout continues? Let’s hope he doesn’t try to fight crime in Atlanta, obstruct it, or cause it (where is that missing white suit he was wearing?). I guess the NFL, that would be you Ray, couldn’t save Baker and Lollar from being stabbed after a Super Bowl party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000. Funny how the NFL and crime making, I mean, fighting works?

Just to clarify, if the NFL lockout continues perhaps the good citizens of Gotham City will not lose their paychecks gambling on "the players they live their lives through". And hopefully, domestic violence will decrease on Sundays during the criminal off-season because there will be no games for our so called NFL "heroes" to lose or fail to cover the spread.

Seems like crime might go on the down swing if the lockout continues. Sorry Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment